Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29th, 2012

Well, I haven't updated in a while. For that, I'm quite sorry. I was quite sick of creating posts showing me digging out the base. Well, I can happily say that I am finally done with the digging and we can finally move onto more aesthetically-oriented work. 


Watching grass grow














The two circular walls on the interior of my base are identical in height. I'm not quite sure if that is a good thing, because the depth looks wrong from a distance. It is still subject to change, but I doubt it will, if only because I am lazy.


I also happen to be running out of chest space. I'm running on twenty double chests now, granted thirteen of them are filled with dirt and cobblestone. The next order of ideals to help me move in is to create a storage room. For awhile I was not quite sure what I wanted to do there, but I think I finally have somewhat of a plan.


The Overlook














With this base being as large as it is, I disliked the idea of it being symmetrical. True symmetry becomes very difficult to maintain after awhile, and I've been looking into ways of completely breaking away from that mentality. Having an overlook on the top level is a good way to do that, I feel.


With the overlook taking up space on the second tier, I didn't want to have a break in being able to move around the level without going up or down, so I added a room underneath the overlook. I feel that this would become a good location to have my storage room (or my control room, either or).


Unfortunately, there will never be enough space to have both in one location (which is a bit of a pity, because it makes it so easy to collect items and store them without much hassle). If I have a room below the overlook, I can't have anything above it, because I wouldn't be able to hide any redstone wiring. 


The next thing on the list of priorities is to create proper stairs going down to the third tier. I've been experimenting, but I can't come to a decision about what I want to do. The basic requirement is that it must make use of half slabs and not stairs, because I don't like to break my sprinting when moving up and down stairs. The other style that I used doesn't really look the greatest, so I'm basically just experimenting with bending staircases for now. Circles and arcs are rather difficult to work with in such a small-scale, blocky environment.


Anyways, that's all that's new. Signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment